Mary Islay was originally built as a motor fishing yacht for Sir Giles Guthrie in 1957 at Aeromarine, Emsworth. She is mostly Teak built, upon oak frames. With teak superstructure and wheelhouse.
She has come over to us from Jersey, for us to complete a refit on her throughout the winter. We have so far replaced her stern knee, stripped all her paint and varnish above deck, stripped and epoxy sheathed the cabin tops, completing repairs where necessary. We will be varnishing her wheelhouse after stripping it of paint, and varnishing it instead to show off her vast teak structures.